Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

Sydney sightseeing tour & Rose Bay

Wednesday is pancake day a the railway square hostel> delicious! As I said in my last chapter, breakfast is included as you get a voucher for every morning of your stay. Dishes need to be cleaned by yourself as there is an open kitchen for everybody to use and cook.

After breakfast:
Nearly every capital or bigger city in the world has its "city-sightseeing doubledecker bus tours". I know them from London, Hong Kong and Amsterdam. However, I have to admit that it's the quickest abd easiest way to see all the big sights in a short period of time.

These "hop on and off" tours have several stops around the city and main sights where you can get off, explore the area or experience the particular sight and with you 24h bus ticket you can jump on the next bus at the next or the previous stop.
You will get a map in order to know where they are located.

It's possible to book the tour online for 40$ or at the bus itself. It includes 2 bus tours (see map), the city (red)& the beach tour(blue).

The buses are coming every 15-20min and you can listen to the guid in 5 different languages.

I nearly stayed on the whole route in the red bus, except at the Hard Rock Cafe shop or autentic easter presents;). Another beautiful harbour /view followed by all the amazing architecture you pass while sitting conveniently on the open top roof deck of the doubledecker bus.

See the pictures below for yourself.
The "Monoline" is still fascinating to watch when it suddenly appears on the midd-level of the city. The station look like floating tunnels above the ground and the towers of the city. Very futuristic!

One of the highlights of the second and blue coloured "beach bus tour" was bondi beach, the surounding residential area and rose beach!

I decided not to get off at bondi beach yet as me and my friend Paul, ufrom the UK who lives in Sydney now, decided to go swimming there on the weekend.

That's why I decided to stay on the bus, enjoyed the tour around the luxurious residential areas with all the villas and massiv mentions as well as getting off at the "rose beach" stop.

This beach is public as well if u walk down small ally-ways from the main steet in between the lovely houses.

This beach is more quiet and it looks like it's not that well know as it is much smaller than Bondi with less waves. Only about 30people where there lying in the sun, playing with their kids or dogs.
The people who own one of these beautiful houses there have the beach literally RIGHT IN FRONT of their doorstep or should I say backyards(!!!)

5m from your house to the sea isn't bad! This is what I call a real beach-house! Wow! What a view! You can even see where the actually city is from far and guess where the opera is located behind a small hill.

Kajaki is a very popular sea sport apart from surfing! I was watching some of the kids coming back in from a tour while I found a dead sing ray upside down on the beach. It must have been to slow when the water went back out in the morning.

After wondering around this beautiful beach I went back to my tour-bus stop and "hopped on"again. For the rest of the tour I didn't get off any more as the bus only when back into the city.

In the evening I tried "Mango-pancakes" from a chinese take-away place for the first time and I have to say.mmmmhh nom nom nom how delicious!!! Never tried that before!

Than I met up with my friend Paul from uni in London for a drink at a pub. He told me all about his struggles finding a job in graphic design here and I told him my visa problems -.-
He gave me some very good advice regarding how to contact design studios and not giving up that fast! I really appreciated his ideas and help!

























































































































































































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen