Freitag, 8. März 2013

Chadstone shopping center


One of the biggest shopping center in Melbourne is right around the corner from the house I'm staying near East Malvin / Victoria. 

Chadstone - is called after the small suburb around the City of Monash. Many of the houses in the Chadstone area were built in the postwar period using prefabricated concrete. The centre opened on 3 October 1960 and was the first self‐contained regional shopping centre in Melbourne. It is the BIGGEST SHOPPING CENTER IN AUSTRALIA with 129,924m2 of shop floor space, about 530 stores and more than 9300 free car parking spaces. It is claimed to be the biggest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere.

This "shopping place" has more than 500 specialty stores, of which the majority are fashion-related, including numerous high-end labels. There are two food courts and also two office towers located at the southern side of the centre. It has as many as 68,000 visitors on its busiest trading days and attracts about 400,000 tourists a year from interstate and 200,000 from overseas.

The centre's owners have sought a further expansion to include a 180-room hotel and 15,000m2 of offices, to take total floor space to 221,217m2, including 156,924m2 of shop floor space.

Here we go, I was "browsing" through all the glitter and the glamour and realised during you are walking around you don't even notice how for example the fashion section goes over into furniture and interior design stores and all of a sudden while walking through you end up being in the kids, toy and baby section....keep on walking I guarantee you there is no dead end only a "circle contraction" were you can get lost easily. In the middle is the food section, a pleasant spot for a "time out" during the hard shopping day.

Easter is coming closer and closer as you can see it now everywhere from german Lindt chocolate rabbits to interior decorations. I decided to go into one of the kids and dress up stores as I was looking for some festival accessorize for sunday (the Future music festival I'm going to, remember?). I was nearly overwhelmed when I saw all these fairy costumes on mannequins as it reminds me a bit of Disney land in California.  

I got myself a new laptop sleeve (see image) with DJ decks on it but after 2h of walking through and looking into shops but still not beeing through the whole shopping center, I decided to have lunch at a japanese dumpling place. My choice was Ramen, which is a japanese main course soup. Mine was with pork, vegetables and noodles, but you can also choose other ingredient.

One of the good things here now is the fact that it slowly turns autumn in March & April so all the summer stuff is going on SALE(!!!) 

I also got myself a cute "Rip Curl" Hawaiian print-dress apart from all the other wonderful new fashion things, which is from a famous surfer brand (see at the very end of the article) and as there is a massive Surf Competition coming up this month, I got a free day pass for it!!!!!YIPPIIIII! It's at bells beach on Great Ocean Road, where I've been already, now I Only have to figure out how I'm gonna get there again^^. I might stay over at a hostel there again. April might be the better date said the guy on the casher as the waves are better in April and the competition more exciting when it comes to the end of the even. We will see...




































































































































WHEN I BOUGHT THIS AMAZING RIP CURL DRESS I GOT A FREE TICKET FOR ONE OF THE SURF COMPETITION 27TH OF MARCH - 7TH OF APRIL 2013 AT BELLS BEACH ON GREAT OCEAN ROAD!WOW AMAZING!!!!



1 Kommentar:

  1. Bitte meide die ShoppingCenters!! Das ist auf die Dauer nicht leistbar ;)))
    .... und die beiden Hundis sind ja sooooo sweet!

    AntwortenLöschen