Mittwoch, 20. März 2013

Sydney harboure bridge


My very last day in Sydney involved checking out of my hostel room at the railways square YHS at 11am.

However, you still have the option to store you luggege at on of their lockers in the open hall-way. Just simply select the size you need of the box, your date of birth as a password and you already know your stuff is save and you can access is even you already gave the "key" card back.
See the prices below. I took a smaller size box for 3$ as it was enough space for my small hand-luggage plus my shoes and rucksack. (view image below)
when I came back from the city I was gone about 7-8h and I only had to add another 1$ extra. not bad.

During this time I decided to stay close to the city, not wonder too far off and had a look through the various sightseeing folders at the hostel reception. It was even possible to post all of my postcards at the YHA reception as they would do it for you. Great service! Cost per night: from 25-38$ or as a member for a weekly stay 224$

I came across the Sydney harbour bridge and decided to do that:

The famouse walk over the main harbour bridge was one of the adventures I didn't exprienced yet so I decided to walk from circular qy harbour on top and over the bridge. Actually it is build for the trains and cars as an important connection point to the orher side.

On the very left side of the bridge is the entrance and it's free of charge to just cross it, but there is also the option to go on one of the pylons for 11$.

You can also do the "bridge-walk" were you get a special savety suite and a tour guide and walk on top of the bridge. Nothing for the faint hearted when you are afraid of heights! Cost around 200$

I decided to go on the pylone where you are allowed to take your own camera with you compare to the "bridge walk" were professional photographers take a picture and charge you later on for it.

Also, you can stay as long as you want on the pylone and walk around it to have a nice view from every side of it.
See the pictures for yourself. Enjoy!

Coming down on the other side of the bridge, I decided to walk alonge the front ocean side of the harbour to enjoy the waterfront, a fantastic view to the city center tower skyline and the opera house, which an be seen perfectly from the pylone as well.

One of the main ferries from circular qy has one of his stops here, next to Luna park (an adventure park for kids) going right to Darling harbour and back.

I decided to hop on and get off at the small city zoo. There is a big one called Taranga zoo bu this small one right at the center of Darling harbour were it would have been possible to buy a package tour including 4 sights: This small zoo, the aquarium, madame tussaue's and the westfield sky-tower.(see folder image)

Outside of the zoo entrance is a small open cage where you find a Koala sleeping in an eucalyptos tree as a little foretaste what's inside. OMG aren't Koalas cute? Not really entertaining as they usually sleep the whole day but very peaceful animals. I felt a bit sorry for the pure little one on the tree as the people around it are very noisy.


THE YHA Hostel :



















































Going to the harbour bridge:



































































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen