Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013

Austria-London-Hongkong in 17h

As I've chosen to fly with british airways I started ny exciting journey on the 06th of Feb. 2013 and had to change in London Heathrow Terminal 3-5.

The flight itself was really relaxed. I guess if you know that such a long journey is ahead you, your system and mental mindset is different.
I watch 2 movies on the plain in the economy class. I was quite luck as the seat next to me stayed free and emty so I had the same space as in the first class ;)

The food wasn't really exciting as we had cold wraps, but then the warm kutchen was better:chineses chicken with salat and orange chocolate mouse.

After my 2 movies I fell asleep and when I woke up the pilote saud it's just 20min before landing. I was never really good in sleeping on a plain but this time a bought a neckholder thing for sleeping and it was the best thing I ever bought. Especially as the next flight to Melbourne in 1week tine will be an 8h nightflight.

The reason why I've choosen to stay in HK for 1 week is that I live here last yr from Sep.-Dec.2011 because I got the amazing opportunity to work for a small design studio in Sheun Wan on the island side called C7Design studio.

Ever since I stayed in really good contact with them and I'm happy to call them my friends as well. Dennis Vetu is the founder and started his company with Twiggy, his Hongkong/Chinese wife.

After arriving at the Hongkong international airport, you have to fill out an immigration slep with your contact details and where you going to stay in the country.

Hongkong is a very friendly city for visitors, as an Austrian or Europen you get the chance to stay 90 days only with a tourist visa in the country. Twiggy once told me that they even changed the law recently, so if you live in Hongkong for more than 10yrs you get the citizenship/nationality.

The train from the aurport to the city costs one way 100HK$ that's like 10€ and it inly takes 24min.

After the train arrived in Hongkong Central station I bought an Octopus -underground travel card which is the same as in London but in the UK it's called Octopus card. I guess the name is similar as HK once belonged to the british colony.

However, I took the blue island line with straight to "Causeway Bay" the shopping heart of HK and one of the most central and exciting parts as there are a lot of shops, restaurants and always people on the street all night long.

My hostel is called "Hongkong Hostel" and next to the Burrbery entrance. I chose this hostel as from my first experience when I was here in April 2011 the price was cheap and the rooms nice and clean. There is no real luxury but you don't have to stay in an expensive hotel dependi g on your standards. For me, it's only important to have a save, clean, warm water an airconditional stay as most of the time I'll be out anyways.

The first problem I was facing was the fact that the reception didn't know about the fact that I won the money back on hostelbookers.con so I had to pay the full price myself, which later on after a few phone calls went back on my Visa account.

From my experience when you travel a lot it is always good to have a visa card as a normal depit card can damange easily, suddenly stop working ir not every bank will accept it, while a Visa is well known everywhere!

Anyways, for 6 days I had do to pay 2500HK$+100 for deposit +20 for every extral towel. Later in I'll get the 100 back if I bring them they key.

Further on I saw my room for the first time. It is on the 13th floor with an overlarges single bed with nice ticker badsheeds ( as the nights are not that hot any more. A fridge and a TV is provided. I have my own bathroom with a toilet and a small shower, just perfect for myself. The heater needs to be switched on 10min before showering. I appriciated the large windows to the backside if the building as it was really quite eventho you are right in the center of HK.

After a quick shower I decided to visit Dennis and Twiggy but as I wanted to suprise them and didn't tell them beforehand that ai'm coming they went out and I was standing in front of closed doors. Anyways I'll try it again tmw!

For this evenIng I took the doubledecker-tram back to Causeway Bay and decided to wonder around in my area. I realised pretty quickly that I missed HK too much and at 8pm I went for a massive sushi dinner in Causway bay and a bit of shopping as there was sale everywhere.

Ggod night day 1




















































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen