Dienstag, 30. April 2013

Austrian primary school in Melbourne

Today, 29th of April, is Carneval day here in Aussie at the Austrian language school Melbourne!

This primary school has a lot of cultural influence and is all about bringing other cultures closer to Australian kids in a playful way.

Gudrun asked me if I would like to join their Carnival and face paint her kids from her class. I really enjoy face painting as I always stress up for occasions like Halloween, festivals or theme-parties.

This event had a lot to offer for the kids such as dancing, games, my facepaint,...etc...Invited was the german-primary school and a lot of other courses such as the Italian, Spanish school,...etc.

I was surprised how much "kitsch" and decorations the Austrian club has to offer inside as it is run by an Austrian couple who lives in Melbourne for over 20years.

 A lot of kids were shocked by the dear-heads on the walls and I even recognized the little clock tower souvenir from my hometown Graz. God, how I miss home when I see this, but I'll be back in 2 weeks anyways.

Everybody told me how much fun they had today on the bus back to their school. I'm glad I could help and made this day a bit more special. ;)






























































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen