Mittwoch, 15. Mai 2013

Back in Hongkong

After my 10h direct flight with Qantas airlines from Melbourne to Hong Kong I had the change to get another 6nights in this beautiful city like I had in February on the way to Australia.

I decided to stay again in Causeay bay's "Hong Kong Hostel" which offers private or shred rooms for very low prices.

I payed around 1845 HK$ (=184,30€) for 6nights including a private room, with your own shower, toilet, a double bed, TV, Wifi is included so is the cleaner with comes once every day.

On my first day in Hong Kong I decided to wonder around in the area of Causeway, Wan Chai and have dinner with my chinese friend Evie who was my flatmate and uni-mate in London at LCC(London College of Communication).
We had delicious Ramen at the lower ground of the massiv Sasa shopping center.
Cost:68 -88 HK$

In 2011 I got the chance to live and work a couple of months for a HK Design studion in Sheung Wan. From there I perfectly knew Hong Kong's districts, food, restaurants, shopping, places to go,...etc.

I missed loooots of things from this part of the world: for example the double-decker trams, 7/11 supermarket, running sushi HK style, which I decided to have one more time with another chinese friend of mine > Lavinia. I know her from LCC as well.

Later in we went in a shopping center in Wan Chai to fix my cracked iphone screen.
Hong Kong is all about shopping centers and it looks like every shopping center has it's own theme. Such as this one specialized on technology: Phones, laptops and related equipment . That's why I bought a keyborad for my ipad mini, a handband for my ipod for jogging, a mini-loudspeakers and an extra battery for phones to recharge wile you on the go. Very usefull stuff I have to say. (everything together under 100€)

Before dinner me and Evie went to the New Causeway bay Apple store as I decided to buy a new ipod nano, as my old one doesn't work properly any more.

The good news is that nearly every product is sooooo much cheaper than in Europe. I compared the ipods with each other in the online store and it's about 63€ cheaper in HK than in Europe. It's mainly because they don't pay Tax in asia but generally it is way cheaper! Interesting...

At the end of the day me and Evie went to a small outside Cafe which reminded me a bit of Italy with all the tables outside and we had a small Mango-cake which looked like a small Lego piece. Mmmmhhh delicious!



(the furbbie haha*really?)

















































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen